Radiant Phoenix Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gaming community for all gamers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
valkupo

Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) Empty
PostSubject: Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)   Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:16 pm

First off, minor warning for those that are concerned, this game is rated T for teen (except online interactions of course), and it is purely from blood and violence. The blood is not overdone, and there is enemy dismemberment depending on your weapon of choice (hard to cut off pieces with a giant hammer =P)

So Warframe is a TPS, or Third Person Shooter, but it's not quite as simple as that. It blends a combination of gunplay, swordplay, and outright ninja acrobatic badass. Not only that, but it's in a sci-fi interplanetary distant future setting, so there's plenty of fancy ideas through technology that can and are implemented. It is a free-to-play game, but it has 2 in-game currencies. Credits and Platinum. You earn Credits through general gameplay, but Platinum is something only obtain with real-world cash. Yes, you can pay to get whatever you want immediately, but part of the fun is obtaining the pieces and working towards the things you want to make. You do start with some free Platinum, which if you plan on spending 0 cash on this game, I must insist you save it for only two things: More Warframe slots, and more weapon slots. Though fairly cheap, for the time being, these are things you are guaranteed to want and Platinum only.

This video has a pretty good explanation and tutorial rolled into one about all you'll need to know get started beyond the in-game tutorial. He talks a bit fast, but hey it's a video you can rewind =P

Something to note is that this game is still in Beta, so there are approximately daily updates for bugfixes and neat little bonuses mixed in here and there in between large updates with huge content additions. When an update comes out, you typically are told to close the game and restart, and you're back in 2-3 minutes later. If you're in a mission, it won't kick you out. You can play out the rest of your mission just fine and restart when you're done.

Ok that's a huge wall of text so I'll wrap it up here. I'm 100% willing to answer any questions anyone has, and I'm also willing to play of course =D

EDIT: You can get this game through their website located here or alternatively if you have Steam, they have it on there as well.

Last edited by valkupo on Fri May 17, 2013 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustyamp

Dustyamp

PostSubject: Re: Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)   Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm installing it right now and it already looks awesome! Thanks for suggesting it! I'm happy that we can truly start becoming a gaming community and not just minecraft all the time. Thank you. Also Tubzy, this is not my attempt at putting you down, I loved the minecraft server and, ever since that old community we were on, I played on it. I'm just really happy that I can start hanging out with you guys in more games than just minecraft. See you there Valk and anyone else who wants to play!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)   Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:28 pm

This is a good game, I had installed for awhile, but stopped playing because I found its better to play with friends. Also if you guys wanna play Hawken as well. Give me a buzz.
Back to top Go down
Tubz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)   Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:12 pm

I'd play warframe but, like most PC games, it doesn't have Mac support. There isn't too many games I'll play on my PC anyways cuz it's a laptop and doin some things with the trackpad is annoying.

You guys can add me on Xbox as well. Mrtubzy456
Back to top Go down
https://rpgamers.forumotion.com
valkupo

PostSubject: Re: Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)   Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:33 am

Ah! That wasn't very intelligent of me! I suggested a game to play together and then didn't give my name in the game.

MY IGN for Warframe is Valrave. The Contacts menu is a... little strange. you have to right click on names to choose what you want to do with that person (chat, invite, remove, etc). If you only left click on the name it closes the Contacts menu and does... nothing. It feels like you invited someone, but you didn't so make sure to right click!

Tubz, Mac issue aside, I may just order you a fricking mouse and consider it a donation to RPG at this rate. Especially after experiencing your controls setup for minecraft firsthand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)   Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warframe! Space ninjas with guns! (no seriously)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Radiant Phoenix Gaming :: General Games :: Discussions-
Jump to: